Saturday, January 17, 2015

My life as a dad....

Hello everyone,

You know it's funny that I'm doing this. Blog name aside... I figured what I should finally do with this blog... Talk about my life. It doesn't matter what it is but if it's a part of my life (and as long as it's appropriate I'll talk about it). I've seen so many blogs about moms and how they deal with things but I've never seen one about dads or what men go through, so that's what I'm a do I guess. 

So my life as a dad is a good one. It has its struggles, it's frustrating moments, ups and downs, it's stresses; yet over all... It's wonderful. I have two boys, a beautiful wife and over all I have a family of my own. My oldest son is rambunctious, wild, creative, emotional, loving and kind; and let's not forget he has the biggest heart anyone could ever have.  

There is never a day that he sees me that he doesn't run up to me and give me a hug or if he sees the car pulling in he runs to the porch and yells "you're home!!!!" Despite how strict I am with him or how much I correct him he'll look at me and smile every time he sees me.

I also have a 10 month old. He's the cutest thing you'll ever see. Already his own little person. It's funny, I'll be with my oldest son and he comes crawling over not wanting to be left out of what daddy and big brother are doing. I'll walk into the room and get the biggest smile on his face as he tries to break away from mommy so that I can pick him up or he can crawl to where I am.

Lastly, there is my wife. While she may be upset with me or going through what she's going through, I know she loves me. She may not say it all the time, but I know. I can see it in her eyes. (Which by the way are the most beautiful brown eyes I have ever laid eyes on.) Her smile can light up even the darkest nights. Her embrace can calm even the greatest of storms. She's perfect despite the flaws she thinks she has.

Now it goes without saying, as a man I think I am never doing enough for my family. I always feel like I could be doing so much more, and I probably could; matter of fact, I try to everyday.  Not perfect, I definitely mess up, but it brings me joy to know that I have them. To quote the movie "Lilo and Stitch", "This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little, and broken, but still good. Yeah - still good." My family has its quirks, in fact we may often times seem dysfunctional , but I wouldn't trade them in for the world.  We aren't big (well not yet) but we have a legacy of our own to build. They are mine, with room for expansion. 

So I end with this, my life as a dad is wonderful. My family is small, it may seem broken, we may seem like we are crazy, but I wouldn't trade them in for the world. We are just starting, and I think the journey is gonna be beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLACE YOUR RESPONSE HERE!