Monday, February 17, 2020

Success


So I have been watching Rhythm and Flow featuring Chance the Rapper, Cardi B and T.I. on Netflix lately and while I watched it, I heard T.I. state the quote above.

SUCCESS IS WHERE OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION.

I heard him say it and it sparked a memory for me. I once had a mentor tell me that time prepared is not time wasted. Both of these sayings work with one another. People feel unprepared during a time of opportunity because they haven't been preparing. The opportunity flops because we don't take the time to prepare ourselves. 

Now I am not talking about remembering a few lines and what not. I am speaking of honing your craft and enjoying the journey. Artist, creatives, creators, or inventors get caught up in the results that we forget that we enjoy our craft. Only God knows when opportunity comes, but if you give up on it or forget why you do it, you may miss opportunity.

You have probably heard this a million times but people tend to quit right before their time comes. Usually due to the low moments life throws at them. We fall so low that we feel or think we know that everything was a pipe dream. Yet, it's always at that moment when you need to push forward. Much like the folks in Rhythm and Flow, you could have T.I. or Cardi or Chance to pop up in your city and give you a chance. Or the most likely of situations, you connect enough with others and after a couple of mistakes and some possible right moves, your time may come. You just can't let life discourage you. There are always lessons to be learned, especially from your own downfalls that you could teach someone else. 

Anyways, I know I ranted and it may not have made the most of sense, and its different then normal, but hope this inspires you.

As Always,

Stay Blessed,
Mic-Key


No comments:

Post a Comment

PLACE YOUR RESPONSE HERE!