Monday, February 3, 2020

Recording Vocals #1 - Where to stand

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1uJBMyBKhLjniIrXT3zOx4SNXTV_EkHiY

Have you ever seen someone basically making out with the mic? It’s rather disturbing and has the opposite effect of what you need. To exaggerate I once saw a guy look like he was making out with the mic. I felt I needed to leave the room to give them some time alone.

That being said, you need to have some space between you and the Mic. I know I have the picture up top that gave a description. But here’s what it is supposed to look like.



When you have enough distance, you are able to project a bit more (without it distorting as much), allow room for clarity, remove some of the breathing sounds while still sounding natural. You also make it easier on your engineer. That LOW end then creeps up in vocals isn’t as annoying as it would be with you kissing the mic. 

Let me know if you try this out and how it works for you.

Stay blessed,
Mic-Key

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLACE YOUR RESPONSE HERE!